My Love of Home contains affiliate links marked with an *. If you click one of these links we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, thank you! Please see our Disclosure Policy for further information.
These turkey meatballs are delicious with garlic, freshly grated parmesan cheese, fresh herbs and spices they’re also gluten-free. A perfect recipe for a mid-week meal.
You can freeze these meatballs, so making a big batch at once is a great idea then you’ll have the next few weeks meals prepared.
Tip: To help the meatballs hold their round shape, bake them on their own first before adding the tomato sauce.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Serves 6 people
2 cups of tomato sauce
2 lbs of ground turkey breast
1 large (or 2 small) eggs
1½ cups of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1½ tablespoons of fresh oregano leaves
3 tablespoons of fresh basil leaves, chopped
3 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
3 cloves of fresh garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon of onion salt
½ a tablespoon of crushed red pepper flakes
Add sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Optional: Additional tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil for serving.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a *rimmed baking tray with parchment paper or a *Silpat baking mat. Set aside.
- Pour tomato sauce into 9×13” glass baking dish and spread in a thin layer to cover the bottom and set aside.
- Add the ground turkey, eggs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic, onion salt, and crushed red pepper flakes to a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Thoroughly combine mixture and divide into 24 equal-sized portions. (For larger meatballs, separate into 18 portions). Add more Parmesan cheese, if necessary, to bind the ingredients.
- Gently roll each portion into a ball and place on a prepared baking tray, leaving room between each meatball. Place baking sheet in preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer meatballs to prepared baking dish. Drizzle with additional tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Place baking dish in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until sauce and meatballs are heated through. Remove from oven and serve immediately with additional tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil, if desired. Enjoy!