My Love of Home contains affiliate links. If you click one of these links we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, thank you! Please see our Disclosure Policy for further information.
This is a quick dish to make, perfect for the summer months when you don’t want to be in the kitchen too long in the heat. This recipe uses spaghetti although any pasta is good.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 16-oz. box spaghetti
2 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
½ a large red onion, diced
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
½ a teaspoon of ground cumin, divided
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1¼ lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 Tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
2 large lemons, cut into wedges, divided
Optional, To Serve:
Freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Heat a large pot of salted water over medium-high heat. Add spaghetti and cook according to package instructions.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, add butter to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the red onion, garlic, and ground cumin. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion softens and begins to develop some colour, approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp changes colour and starts to curl slightly approximately 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the chopped parsley and a couple squeezes of fresh lemon juice. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- When spaghetti is ready, remove from heat and pour into a colander. Rinse briefly with warm water to prevent sticking. Shake off excess moisture and transfer to a serving platter. Top spaghetti with the cooked shrimp mixture and serve immediately with the remaining lemon wedges and some freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!