My Love of Home contains affiliate links. If you click one of these links we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, thank you! Please see our Disclosure Policy for further information.
Delicious creamy vanilla milkshake with a cherry on the top that’s quick to make.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 2-3 minutes
1/3 of a cup of rainbow sprinkles
¼ cup of mini-chocolate chips*
3 cups of vanilla ice cream
1 teaspoon of real vanilla extract
1/3 cups of whole milk**
*You can use full-size chocolate chips but will take a little longer to melt. Use additional chocolate chips if not using a ramekin
**Plus extra to achieve the desired consistency, if required.
- Pour rainbow sprinkles onto a shallow plate. Place a *small ramekin, topside down, inside a small bowl wide enough to fit the top of each serving glass, as shown.
- Pour the mini-chocolate chips around the ramekin. (If unavailable, add one-half cup chocolate chips directly to the bowl.). Microwave on 50% power just until the chips melt, approximately 2-3 minutes. Check after 90 seconds to determine total microwave time.
- Remove from microwave and carefully break up any remaining solid pieces of chocolate with a fork. Dip the tops of each glass into the melted chocolate, and then roll the chocolate-coated edge in the rainbow sprinkles. Roll each glass edge until uniformly coated. Turn upright and set aside to dry.
- Add the ice cream, vanilla extract, and milk to a blender and blend until smooth. Add a little additional milk to reach the desired consistency, if desired.
- To serve, pour the milkshake into the prepared glasses and top with whipped cream, additional sprinkles, and a maraschino cherry. Enjoy!
Tip: Corn syrup can be used in lieu of melted chocolate to create the sprinkle rims if desired.