myloveofhome.com contains affiliate links. If you click one of these links we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy for further information.
Make some delicious chunky peanut butter cookies that the family will love, then sit back and enjoy them with a nice cup of coffee! They’re delicious while still warm.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 10-12 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
Makes around 18-36 cookies
1 cup of unsalted butter
1½ cups of crunchy peanut butter
1½ cups of light brown sugar
½ cup of granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons of real vanilla extract
2½ cups of all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons of baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup of unsalted peanuts, divided
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking tray and set aside.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowls. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and 2/3 cup unsalted peanuts. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Transfer dough to the refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- Once chilled, divide the dough into equal-sized balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each ball. Press the dough down with a fork in a crisscross fashion to flatten. Add remaining chopped peanuts to the top of the cookies and press the peanuts down into them.
- Place the baking sheets into the pre-heated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool before serving. Enjoy!